The holidays are sneaking up on us! Everything imaginable is flavored with pumpkin, the stores are playing Christmas music, the decorations are up… And you’re filled with anxiety and dread. Instead of just surviving the holidays this year, learn to enjoy them with your sanity and humor intact!
Does the thought of spending the holidays with your family make you anxious and full of dread?
Perhaps there’s a pit in your stomach or you’re exhausted due to worrying, overthinking, headaches, or back pain.
Toxic family members can suck the joy and excitement right out of the holidays. Do you have a mother who’s always got something critical to say about your appearance or the way you’re raising your kids? Or maybe you have a demanding mother-in-law who’s always making snide remarks under her breath, a brother who loves to rile everyone up with his political commentary, or an aunt who always drinks too much and starts acting inappropriately.
If you have a difficult or toxic family member, you know that the holidays are the most challenging time of year.
Handling the Holidays Toolkit
Here’s what you’ll get:
- a digital workbook (39 pages of concrete exercises) designed by a licensed psychotherapist to help you cope with challenging people and regain a sense of calm and contentment
PLUS get 5 bonus worksheets to help reduce stress:
- Boundary-Setting Worksheet (traditions vs. obligations)
- 25 Coping Mantras
- Holiday Gratitude Journal
- Shopping List
- To-Do List
AND 2 meditations in both written and audio formats:
- Meditation for Dealing with Difficult People
- Meditation for Coping with Holiday Stress
Take a closer look at what you’ll learn in each module
- How to identify your holiday triggers
- Why monitoring your stress level is key to staying healthy
- The role that false beliefs and distorted thoughts play in keeping you stuck
- How to change your false beliefs and regain a sense of control
- Why you overreact and underreact to difficult people
- How anticipating challenges can help you cope
- How to get in touch with your feelings and why it matters
- How to ask for what you want and need
- Why you need to pick your battles
- How expectations can lead to feeling disappointed and resentful
- Ways to become aware of your expectations
- How to figure out if your expectations are realistic
- How to set realistic expectations
- Why boundaries are a form of self-care and how to set them
- How to balance taking care of others and taking care of yourself
- How self-compassion can help you cope with holiday challenges
Give yourself the gift of a more peaceful and joyful holiday season!
Purchase your copy for $25
About Sharon Martin
I’m a licensed psychotherapist practicing in California. I specialize in helping individuals overcome codependency, perfectionism, and self-criticism so they can embrace their authentic selves and build happy, healthy relationships. I’m passionate about spreading the word that everyone deserves to be treated with love and respect – and there’s no need to feel guilty about taking care of yourself!
I am the author of The CBT Workbook for Perfectionism and The Better Boundaries Workbook and write the blog Conquering Codependency for Psychology Today.
I hope you’ll take a few minutes to explore my website. The Start Here page is a great place to begin!
Q: Who is this book for?
A: Handling the holidays is for adults who feel stressed, overwhelmed, and alone in coping with challenging or toxic people during the holiday season.
Q: Will I receive a print copy of the workbook?
A: No, this is a digital download. Upon purchase, you’ll receive a link to download the book. It’s a 39 page PDF that you can easily print.
Q: When will I receive the workbook?
A: You’ll receive it immediately (usually within 5-10 minutes).
Handling the Holidays includes:
25 Coping Mantras
Meditation for Dealing with Difficult People
Meditation for Coping with Holiday Stress
Audio Versions of Both Meditations
To-Do List + Shopping List
Instant Access $25
“One of the many qualities that I admire and respect about Sharon is her clinical expertise and commitment in helping individuals reduce anxiety, especially individuals with difficult family members. Sharon has a rare combination of compassion, clarity and solid tools in supporting the people she works with through her therapy practice and her wonderful online courses and materials.” -Mari A. Lee, LMFT, CSAT
“I love Sharon Martin’s work on healing codependency and childhood issues. Her online work has made a significant impact in the recovery community and those wanting to heal from codependent issues. I’ve followed her work for years and have found her work on boundaries and childhood wounds incredibly valuable both personally and professionally. If you get a chance to work with her – don’t wait. You’ll learn valuable tools that will make a huge difference in your relationships!” -Michelle Farris, LMFT
“Sharon Martin was a speaker for our Overcoming Codependency Online Conference recently, and our audience absolutely loved her! She discussed the importance of setting boundaries in relationships, and what I found most fascinating was her stressing the importance of not only physical boundaries but emotional and mental boundaries. Sharon also shared incredibly helpful insights about codependency, and strategies to help people learn to love and accept themselves and create healthy, loving, thriving relationships.” – Ande Anderson, MS, RD, Co-Founder of AVAIYA
This is a digital product. Upon purchase, you will receive an email with instructions and links to download the affirmations, boundaries e-book, journal prompts, and meditation. Please promptly download them and save them to your computer. Saving them on a smartphone is not recommended.