This post contains an affiliate link, which means we may earn a small commission if you make a purchase through our links. There is no added cost for you.
Enjoy some of the best Brene Brown quotes about shame, vulnerability, and self-acceptance. These inspiring quotes can help you gain insight, build self-esteem, and self-compassion.
And I especially love all of the inspiring Brene Brown quotes. She offers such wisdom, truth, and authenticity on difficult subjects like shame, vulnerability, and self-acceptance. I’m sure you’ll find a few that inspire you or maybe even push you out of your comfort zone with an ah-ha moment.
Brene Brown quotes that inspire me
1. “What we don’t need in the midst of struggle is shame for being human.”
2. “What’s the greater risk? Letting go of what people think – or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?”
3. “The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, vulnerable and imperfect.”
4. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”
5. “Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness.”
6. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness–it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”
7. “Those who have a strong sense of love and belonging have the courage to be imperfect.”
8. “We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.”
9. You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story & hustle for your worthiness.”
10. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.”
11. “We don’t have to do all of it alone. We were never meant to.”
12. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.”
13. “Shame is the most powerful, master emotion. It’s the fear that we’re not good enough.”
14. “Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together.”
Which is your favorite Brené Brown quote? Go ahead and share it!
©2018 Sharon Martin, LCSW. All rights reserved.
Affirmations, Worksheets, Tips, and More
Simple tools to help you stay focused on your personal growth! It’s hard work to set boundaries, create healthier relationships, build self-esteem, and overcome codependency. That’s why I created a variety of print-ready resources to support your goals in these areas. View all of the designs HERE.